if i'd known how sick and uncomfortable i was going to be throughout this whole thing, i don't know if i would have signed up for the ride. okay, that's not true. i don't think anyone really understands what the phrase "i'm pregnant" really entails until THEY are the ones saying it. i always thought of cute chubby babies you get to schmuggle all day and night, the new baby smell that comes built-in with each and every little one, diapers and bottles and blankies and binkies; i never thought of the hours i'd spend hunched over the toilet (at home, at work, at cafe rio), the back pains that began before the belly was showing, the maternity leave i'd have to arrange in order to get paid and not lose my job. i know all the things i used to think still apply (i'm especially hopeful of the cute chubby baby part), but i know now that without all the others, the end result wouldn't be as amazing.
so, keep your fingers crossed for us that come may 09, we'll have one of those delicious smelling cute chubby babies of our own.
time will fly and then penny will have a brother or sister!!! we are so excited for you guys!!! p.s. something that helped a ton with the throwing up with Gavin was mint gum...random I know.
ReplyDeleteyeah it's not fun
ReplyDeleteat all
but it is fun when they start wiggling, when you see the ultrasound, when you start showing, when you can eat dessert guilt free... when you get to hold that babe for the first time, it's incredible
i love you
Congrats! I don't have any advice. I've never been pregnant, but I hope you feel better!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS VAL!! how fun and gross and painful and delightful all at once!
ReplyDeleteEven though you were in bed when I heard this great news, I hope you still heard my joyful squeal through the phone. Love you.
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you little sis!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations punkin! Maybe if you guys are still in Utah this next summer and beyone I'll get a chance to see you.... Looks like I'll be moving back that way :)
ReplyDeleteYAY! I've been wondering when you were going to pop one out...just wish it were that easy huh? love ya!
ReplyDelete