27 November 2008

thankful

i'm lounging here on my big comfy couch with my stinky little puppy nestled at my feet and my wonderful husband next to me, my tummy full of turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing and corn and apple pie crusts (i pass on the actual filling), my belly full of baby, and my heart full of thanks for...
family - my mom and dad, sisters and brothers-in-law, nieces and nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, all the hawleys-in-law, and my second sets of in-laws (being the walls and slopsemas)
friends - schizz, kal, trish, ash, kerrie anne, the singers, richard wood (and fiancee!), mike lau (and wife!), duford, the dane and danen (to name just a few)
my home
my job (and time off)
good books
warm hugs
sloppy sweet baby kisses (thanks, add and sam and gavin; you are all great surrogates)
roaring fires
delicious gingersnaps (a little more soft than snappy)
baby bumps and baby boys
the gospel, my faith, my savior
and that's just what my tryptophan-ified mind is capable of coming up with right now.
i hope your thanksgiving was as low-key and low-carb (ha!) as mine.

5 comments:

  1. we are missing you more than you can possibly know. the kids can't wait to see aunt v and uncle mor. we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. likewise we are missing you terribly. take care and please try to email me those pictures soon! see you soon! love and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ralen Doris! I have been missing you! I am so grateful for the friendship that we have shared. I must tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. It makes me laugh everytime. I hope all is well with you! Tell Matt and Erica that they have a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, it's really going to suck when you and hubs and baby boy move away. I know it's still a little ways off, but I've got to prepare myself early...let the tears flow.

    But for now, I'm thankful you're here, and happy, and funny, and full of food (and baby!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. loooooveeeeee



    youuuuuuuuuuuu

    and your hairy spouse

    and bebeeeeee

    ReplyDelete