stephenie meyer, author of the acclaimed twilight series, has given me inspiration. our first child will be named after both grandmothers; she will be called connoria. or maybe possibly glornnie. (we're still deliberating which would bring the child the most schoolyard torture. mor's leaning towards connoria because it rhymes with this word. eww. don't need people thinking we'd named our offspring after an infectious disease, now do we?)
like, seriously, stephenie meyer? you couldn't come up with any more clever, less stupid name? renesmee? i'm ashamed of you. embarrassed even. renesmee? i will never think of you the same way again. you should have just named the poor creature myparentshateme. that would have been more justifiable than renesmee. (let's face it, ANYTHING would have been more justifiable than renesmee. like connoria, for example.)
ps i just started the highly-anticipated breaking dawn last night, have read through to page 477 (sorry to ruin it for you that bella has a vampire baby girl, get over it) and am still wondering "when's it get good?" that's the only thing keeping me going at this point. that and i have never been one to put down any book--textbooks excepted--until the last page was read. oh how i regret the love of reading my mother instilled in me. well, at least where this book is concerned. only 250+ pages to go.
pps recent reads i WOULD recommend include
the little lady agency by hester browne
stop in the name of pants! by louise rennison
hattie big sky by kirby larson
penny from heaven by jennifer holm
like, seriously, stephenie meyer? you couldn't come up with any more clever, less stupid name? renesmee? i'm ashamed of you. embarrassed even. renesmee?
ps i just started the highly-anticipated breaking dawn last night, have read through to page 477 (sorry to ruin it for you that bella has a vampire baby girl, get over it) and am still wondering "when's it get good?" that's the only thing keeping me going at this point. that and i have never been one to put down any book--textbooks excepted--until the last page was read. oh how i regret the love of reading my mother instilled in me. well, at least where this book is concerned. only 250+ pages to go.
pps recent reads i WOULD recommend include
the little lady agency by hester browne
stop in the name of pants! by louise rennison
hattie big sky by kirby larson
penny from heaven by jennifer holm
It doesn't get better, at least I don't think so. I skipped out on the last 200 or so pages and read the end, then put it away. I wanted to poke out my eyes when she was describing their love scenes.
ReplyDeleteSeriously.
Um but anyway, how about Lanneth for this babe's name instead? It sounds sufficiently made up Utahey enough. Concarol? no?
Really?? I'm embarrassed too. I haven't gotten very many good reviews of the 4th one from friends who have already read it. That's a bummer. I feel like that's what too much pre-release hype does to books/movies/etc.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I'm just started New Dawn.....David's cousin gave me Twilight to read and I couldn't put it down. I was so anxious to start New Dawn that I couldn't wait for whoever was reading it so I went and bought my own copy.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard very good reviews for the 4th book either. Right now I'm just so wrapped up in the first one, and now the second. It's just consuming me!!! I love it!
Umm, girl, you make me laugh. No one could have said it better.haha
ReplyDelete