19 April 2010

appropriate sunday activities

1. attending church, even if you have to leave early because a certain baby of yours decided to wake up at 6:30a and was in desperate need of a nap before church ended
2. reading while said baby naps and getting a few minutes of shut-eye yourself
3. taking said baby and stinky dog for a walk, being careful to avoid the strange guy clad in all black talking to and walking by himself
4. enjoying the sunshine while munching on snacks and drinking lots of ice cold water
5. watching some of nature's tiniest creatures hard at work - when we got home from our walk, i kept fig in his stroller to finish his cheerios. there were about 10 ants milling around the walk up to our front steps. i noticed the ants were dragging a piece of cheerio towards a small hole between our walkway squares. this made me want to test a hypothesis: the ants would figure out how to carry a whole cheerio into the gap. i was right! sort of. several of them started crawling on the whole cheerio i put down, and the next thing i know, the cheerio had been divided into 4 pieces! they chomped through it to make it easier to carry. i watched them get the smallest piece into the hole, then took ferguson inside. an hour or so later, i went outside to check the ants' progress; the three remaining pieces were gone, along with all the ants. our world never ceases to amaze me.
hope your sunday was as wonderful (and appropriate!) as mine.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I found you! Okay, now I feel lame, though. I'm pretty sure I've been calling your baby Finn instead of Fig. Sorry. :( And I think I found you on facebook but there wasn't an option to add you as a friend. Will you look me up and add me as a friend? :)

    ReplyDelete