almost two months ago, i met the man of my dreams. he isn't the 6'2" football playing pacific islander (really 14yr old self?) i had visions of marrying when i was, well, 14. but, he does have the dark hair, dazzling straight-toothed smile and laugh-my-pants-off sense of humour i cannot live without. and it doesn't hurt that he helped me make the cutest kid this side of the miss'sip. i knew i loved my husband more than anyone/anything in this world before baby finn came along, but now that i see him as a husband AND father...i'm at a loss for words. so...
i love you, mor. more than the day i met you (decked out in your speedo), more than the day you asked me to marry you (with the help of coop and ains), more than the day i married you (in the sweatiest place on earth), more than yesterday and the day before, but not as much as tomorrow.
happy father's day.
I believe I was there too in the very beginning and if I remember right I was wearing a speedo as well.
ReplyDeleteof course, mike lau, how could i forget? that image has been burned onto my retinas.
ReplyDelete