28 February 2009

for the babe

i got to go to the first baby shower i've been to since...my sisters' during the summer of 2003. (right? i think they had a joint baby shower since their babies were born only a few months apart. but, that was forever ago, and my pregnant brain doesn't allow for much memory retrieval.) nancy, who is having baby john two weeks before baby h should arrive, had a baby shower today. it was down in elk ridge at her in-law's. it was so nice to be in someone's home, partake of a delicious lemon cake and slush punch, and celebrate that NANCY AND LANCE GET TO HAVE A BABY! i will admit, i am jealous baby john already has his crib assembled and his car seat and stroller ready to go and bedding picked out and a NAME. not jealous for me; jealous for baby h. our poor kid has...onesies and socks and gumdrops. i know we still have 9wks until we meet him, but i feel like we should have a lot more done and ready.

6 comments:

  1. so what? my baby shower just didn't happen or were you really not there?

    i have photo proof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have i ever told you that i love you? and your silly dog too. oh, and that husband of yours is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kal - remember that part where i said i have zero memory retrieval? no? me neither.
    schizz - a la ghost "ditto"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for coming to my shower. That bedding set is so cute and I actually don't even have a bed set yet and we have to exchange our crib(annoying). I'm so excited to use those bottles you gave me and bum rides off of you when our babies are finally here. :)

    -Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val! You are getting so close. I can't believe you only have 9 weeks. I hope she comes on your due date cause that's my birthday! I'm pretty sure I'll be in the same boat as you 9 weeks before our baby is due. It's hard to know what you need and what you want. The bedding is very cute. I say yes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello? you're not even supposed to use bumpers in cribs anymore. apparently it is better for them to get their little arms and legs stuck in the slats. don't worry about the bedding. i have it taken care of. seriously. see you soon. e

    ReplyDelete