1. I love my name.
2. I love my sisters’ names.
3. It takes effort for me to write cursive.
4. My favorite color is usually blue, sometimes green.
5. I like little things and used to collect all sorts of miniatures. (I guess that explains why I like my husband so much.)
6. I would wear sweatpants all day everyday if I could.
7. My feet are always cold.
8. I have 2 freckles in my left eye. The optometrist used to think they were a form of cataract.
9. My stomach hurts 98% of the time.
10. I’ve never had braces.
11. Or worn glasses.
12. The smell of lilacs will always remind me of my mom’s house.
13. I don’t like painted toenails.
14. My favorite number is 10.
15. If I could only drink one beverage for the rest of my life I would choose milk.
16. I hate doing dishes, unless I’m angry or frustrated. (I don’t get it either.)
17. I like spicy food. (see 7)
18. I’m not photogenic.
19. I drink too much caffeine, mostly regular coke and mountain dew.
20. I’ve driven the same car since I got my license 10 years ago. It is still registered with Indiana plates, and I still have my Indiana driver’s license.
21. I’m obsessed with people’s names; I used to have a list of more than 200 names—first and middle—divided into "boys" and "girls" that I liked enough to name my own children.
22. One of those names was Rui.
23. I’ve worked at the same office for almost 4 years and have been given a real actual raise once.
24. I like tweezing my eyebrows.
25. I keep my fingernails short.
26. For an entire month during my first year of college, I survived on peanut butter sandwiches and Doritos. Because I WANTED to. (see 7)
27. I wear the same pieces of jewelry everyday: wedding rings, diamond necklace, diamond earrings, and skinny silver ring I got with my mom at a craft show for $5.
28. I’ve had that skinny silver ring longer than I’ve had any of my other jewelry.
29. In high school, hockey was my favorite sport.
30. I have a very sensitive sense of smell. It’s saved us from 2 carbon monoxide leaks at our current house.
31. My favorite Disney movie is "Bedknobs and Broomsticks."
32. My favorite flavor of Gatorade is lemon-lime. (see 7)
33. I lived by myself for a whole year and loved every minute of it.
34. I spend more money on books than I do clothes.
35. I’m an inch taller than my husband.
36. Dogs with long tails creep me out.
37. I think popcorn smells like sweaty feet, but I eat it anyway.
38. Every time I get my hair cut, I get told I have really healthy hair.
39. I know the movie "Clue" verbatim.
40. I hate the Denver Broncos.
41. I cannot fall asleep if I can feel any sort of breathing on my bare skin.
42. Every morning I wake up for work, the first thought that goes through my mind is "I don’t want to go to work today."
43. I like really hot showers.
44. I weighed 110lbs in high school. (see 7)
45. My husband and I were married in the Nauvoo Temple. I chose it because Matt Roush said he wouldn’t come if it were anywhere else. He passed away three months before I met Morgan.
46. I would rather not drive.
47. My all-time favorite television show is “Matlock.”
48. “Murder, She Wrote” is a close second.
49. “Law & Order” is a close third.
50. I don’t think Rachael Ray is as annoying as Sandra Lee, but I do think Sandra Lee has a better “story.”
51. I’ve never broken a bone.
52. Or had a cavity.
53. I used to be “in love with” a boy named Joaquin, who had really big thighs.
54. I still sleep with an old night shirt of my Grandma Connie’s; I call it my Silky.
55. I was the first person (besides his parents and the doctor) to hold Coop.
56. I don’t own an iPod.
57. I would rather not use the AC in the car if I can help it.
58. I don’t like chewing gum, and I can suck on the same piece of hard candy until it’s gone without ever biting it.
59. I hate the texture of coconut, mushrooms, shrimp and jello.
60. In elementary school, I wanted to be a marine biologist. In high school, I realized I am afraid of large bodies of water, especially ones of which I cannot see the bottom.
61. I have no desire to ever visit New Jersey.
62. I'm afraid of birds.
63. I hate the sound of people clipping their nails.
64. I’ve never been afraid of the dentist.
65. I can do a 1000 piece puzzle in a few hours, uninterrupted. When I would go to my Grandma Jeanne’s house after kindergarten, we would do puzzles together. Or make buckeye candies.
66. I’ve had a root canal and all four of my wisdom teeth removed. Without sedation or general anesthesia.
67. I was once told that I would be sexier if my name was Erica.
68. I love libraries and bookstores.
69. I cannot sleep with socks on.
70. I don’t like cars with leather interior. It’s too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.
71. I like humidity.
72. I get my love of bottled coke from my Grandpa Curly.
73. I have to drink orange juice with spaghetti. (see 7)
74. I never remember to take pictures when I have the camera with me, but I never have the camera with me when I want to take pictures.
75. Our old neighbor Roger gave me my nickname because I grew a whole foot in one summer. My nieces and nephews refer to me by my nickname rather than my real name.
76. I rode a bike today—23 May 2008—for the first time in over 8 years.
77. Giraffes are my favorite zoo animals.
78. Standing in line at the grocery store behind a father and his 3 year old daughter I overheard her say, “Daddy, why’s that girl’s toes so long?” I was “that girl.”
79. I find 50Cent attractive.
80. I’ve been told on more than one occasion that I look like Jodi Foster. I disagree.
81. I have a hard time pronouncing the word voila.
82. I like the name Mallory but would never name my daughter that. Mallory and Valeri? No thank you.
83. I want a Newfoundland. I want to name him Hank.
84. I own 3 Enrique Iglesias cds: 7, Escape and Enrique.
85. I wish I had more freckles on my nose. (I love the phrase “a smattering of freckles.”)
86. I don’t use sarcasm as a defense mechanism. I use it because it’s funny.
87. There is no better smell than the world after a rainstorm. Except maybe the smell of a newborn baby.
88. I have a palatal torus.
89. I have had someone named after me.
90. I love Tom Selleck and Sean Connery.
91. I don’t snore or grind my teeth or do anything else of note while I sleep.
92. The best thing in the world to eat is the very first spoonful of peanut butter after breaking the seal.
93. I listened to Simon & Garfunkel’s Greatest Hits album while I did homework in high school. Every time without fail.
94. My feet are small compared to how tall I am: size 7 1/2 : 5’ 10”
95. Flowers make me happy.
96. I just realized I like the name Ezra.
97. I cover my ears—not my eyes—during scary parts of movies; I can watch the scary stuff, but I cannot listen to the music leading up to the scary stuff.
98. I have an uncle whose middle name is Lester.
99. I hope my children have green eyes.
100. It took me four days to compile this list.
my favorite flavor is riptide rush
ReplyDeletethough if you ask me all of the grape flavored gatorades taste the exact same
101. I am straight-up Valeri 100% of the time and Rachelle loves me because of it.
ReplyDeleteWhy do all of your comments about food correspond to your feet being cold? You also have too much time on your hands. This is Matt.
ReplyDeletei thoroughly enjoyed your list. i makes me want to compile my own.
ReplyDelete